No More Mooching


Well, I'm about 4 years late to the blog party, but, since I came up with a cool title, I thought it was time to fire up a blog of my own.

No more mooching off of other people's blogs!

I'm not sure how confessional this blog will really be, despite the provocative name, since my husband actually abhors confessionals of any nature and is naturally very secretive (and since our lives are inextricably entwined, that would affect my writing). So I will try to be as respectful of that as possible.

3 years ago, my husband, M, and his army buddies decided to open a startup, similar to the Little Rascals gang saying "Hey Gang, let's put on a show!". It was a bit more serious than that, but not much. After much brainstorming, vc fundrasing, allnighters and collecting of frequent flier miles they are finally on their way to what looks to be a functioning business.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I've been kid wrangling our three children and working part time at another startup at home (not sure I'm ready to disclose that yet, maybe later). It's been a roller coaster ride of tremendous satisfaction in raising our family and watching this business grow from a tiny germ of an idea to a full fledged global production. It's also been a tremendous source of exhaustion and emotional meltdowns. So I think this blog might be useful in sorting some of the latter out.

And, I'm dying to share recipes as well!

Like this one I came up with yesterday:

Chicken Fingers

4 skinless chicken breasts, sliced lenthwise in 3-4 pieces
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 solet (semolina flour) (purchased thanks to this post)
3-4 shakes granulated garlic (garlic powder, shum migubash in hebrew)
3-4 shakes sweet paprika (can add some hot paprika if you like a kick)
Salt and pepper
1 egg
1 Tbs olive oil
Olive oil/canola spray


Mix ingredients 2-5 in a plate or large bowl. Mix egg and oil. Spray a large pan with oil spray or wipe with a thin layer of oil. Dip chicken fingers in egg/oil and then crumbs. Put in pan, spray lightly with a little more oil (helps crisp the chicken since they are going into the oven). Bake at 180 C/ 350 F for 25 minutes.


Serve with sweet chili sauce, sweet and sour sauce, duck sauce, ketchup, whatever strikes your fancy.


I liked the texture of the chicken slices rather the flattened schnitzel they sell in the market.


Shabbat Shalom!

5 comments:

mother in israel said...

Your first comment!! We never minded the mooching. Looking forward to your ranting, and I'm sure the comment section will be great.

Commenter Abbi said...

My first comment! Thanks! Yes, I hope people make there way here, but I'm sure that will take time. Shavua tov!

Mrs. S. said...

Great start! Looking forward to reading from here on in.

Commenter Abbi said...

Thank you Mrs. S!

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

(What MiI said - we NEVER minded the mooching! :)

Post a Comment